Recipe: Chapel Hill Toffee Pecan Pie
CHAPEL HILL TOFFEE PECAN PIE
Serves 8 | Prep time: 10 min | Preheat to 350°
1 5oz. box of Chapel Hill Toffee, divided
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup light corn syrup
2 Tbsp melted butter
¾ cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 premade or frozen 9-inch deep dish pie crust, unbaked
1. Roughly chop toffee with a sharp knife, or crush with rolling pin or rubber mallet. Reserve 2 tablespoons for pie topping.
2. Stir together eggs, vanilla extract, corn syrup, butter, sugar and salt.
3. Mix in pecans and toffee pieces.
4. Pour into pie crust.
5. Bake on 350° on oven’s center rack for 60-70 minutes or until interior temperature reaches 200° and crust is golden brown.
6. Cool for 2-3 hours to be sure that filling is set. Top with reserved toffee bits after 20-30 minutes.
**Recipe by Chapel Hill Toffee